This project was a part of the total restoration of the California State Capitol, from 1975-1981. Mr. Anargyros was chosen by the California Legislature to recreate a group of historic statues once placed on the roof of the State Capitol. One depicts a native American man on horseback hurling a spear at an attacking grizzly bear. The other is of a native American woman on horseback carrying a baby while being attacked by a buffalo. The originals were the work of Pietro Messara in 1874 and were put on the Capitol roof until 1948. They vanished during construction of the Capitol annex. Mr. Anargyros recreated them from old pictures. Also shown above is a statue of two women holding the Seal of California located on the South Portico. A similar statue with the Federal Seal is located on the North Portico. For this restoration Mr. Anargyros created four ceramic urns for the Rotunda and repaired, cleaned and polished the Columbus-Isabella Monument.